8th Annual Grill Master Competition, 3rd Annual Pig Roasting Competition. Come on out, bring the family. Don’t forget the SALE pricing in store and under the big tent! Sponsored by Soca and Grill. There is nothing more comforting than good food and great music. Saturday, May 27 in Nassau, Bahamas it’s SOCA 7 Grill: BWF8th […]
- Contestants may use charcoal, gas or wood to fuel grills.
- Meats for contestants will be provided, and can be picked up from BWF’s administrative office on May 27, 2016 between the hours of 3pm and 5pm.
- Prep tables, T-shirts, chef hats and aprons will be provided by Bahamas Welding & Fire. Hence all contestants must be properly attired in BWF gear. Packages for each contestant will be available for pickup from BWF’s administrative office on May 27, 2016 between the hours of 3pm and 5pm.
- Meats can be seasoned prior to the competition but not precooked, precooking is grounds for disqualification. The judges will be inspecting the meat before the competition.
- Contestants may begin setup and preparation of their area from 8:00am on May 28, 2016 for persons entering the pig roasting competition all other can begin setup from 12noon.
- Contestants will be given a number upon their arrival, which determines the order in which their presentations to the judges will be made.
- All contestants MUST be in place and ready for the 1:00pm meat inspection. Any contestant not present and ready at inspection time will be disqualified from the competition.
- Cooking begins at 2:00pm.
- Judging will be done in 15 minute intervals starting at 4:00pm.
- Contestants will be judged for:
Texture of meat for chicken, steak, ribs and roasted pig, taste of the dish, appearance of the dish (other food articles can be used to enhance dish presentations but should not distract for the main meal articles themselves)
- Contestants must prepare their allocated work area, to be displayed attractively.
- Contestants are responsible for providing their own utensils, condiments and accessories i.e. plates, can openers, paper towels etc…. (Grills may be purchased prior to the competition from BWF)
- Contestants are responsible for providing their own cleaning supplies, soap, bleach, hand sanitizer, cloths etc. Garbage bins will be provided for contestant to clean up their work area after the competition.
- No employees or family members of employees are allowed to enter.
- The decision of the judges is FINAL.
Download the Application and submit to our office before May 16, 2016 4pm with Fee. GrillMasterApp7thDownload Grill Master & Pig Roasting Entry Form
[vc_row][vc_column width=”1/4″][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/2″][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/4″][social_link style=”style-02″ link_face=”https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bahamas-Welding-and-Fire-Co-Ltd/100904819992315?ref=hl” link_twitter=”https://twitter.com/BWFDigital” link_pinterest=”https://www.pinterest.com/BWFDigital/” link_google=”https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/105956390141599938555/105956390141599938555/about” link_youtube=”https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrq4GJ6377heo8SpWYS3DMQ”][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row layout=”wide”][vc_column width=”2/3″][vc_column_text] CONTEST GUIDELINES 1. Contestants may use charcoal, gas or wood to fuel grills. 2. Meats for contestants will be provided, and can be picked up from BWF’s administrative office on May 29, 2015 between the hours of 3pm and 5pm. 3. Prep tables, […]